The water development policies of the state and federal governments have resulted in the destruction of the Central Valley salmon.
- The California sport and commercial salmon fishing seasons have been seriously curtailed by the State and Federal governments. Two of the four runs are already listed under the Endangered Species Act and the wild spawning sslmon of the other two runs are at near all time lows. Without actions they will likely also be listed
- The federal & state water policies have created the collapse of the Delta with near fatal damage to the runs of salmon and striped bass
- The unlisted fall-run has declined over 90% and ther late-fall has declined 87% in the last ten years.
- The current salmon runs are unstainable particiularly in low water years. We will lose them unless rebuilding actions are taken,
Therefore: the 4.2 million California fishermen seek the following actions:
- A reduction in Delta exports and a moratorium on any new Delta water development or allocations until the fish runs are recovered.
- A doubling of the salmon runs in the Central Valley as required by state and federal law.
- Termination of the Governor's twin tunnel project which would lead to the extinction of the salmon runs.
- Implementation of salmon rebuilding projects such as the 26 projects proposed by the Golden Gate Salmon Association
Save The Rivers!
Save The Delta!
Save our Fishing!
Friant Dam de-watered the San Joaquin River destroying millions of fish. Fishermen are fighting back.
© 2018 Water4Fish.org
Hosting privided by TECK.net